WITH the number of people being killed in accidents at work increasing the need for health and safety has never been greater.
But finding a health and safety consultancy you can trust to protect the health and wellbeing of your employees may not always be as easy as you think.
As National Day of the Cowboy approaches this weekend, we take a look at the details you need to look for when finding the right health and safety partner for you.
The right accreditations are key
The first step in finding a reputable health and safety consultant is to check their credentials.
Any consultancy worth working with will be only too happy to explain them to you and if you’re any doubt take the time to check with the individual bodies concerned.
At Acorn Safety Services, our accreditations include:
- SMAS Worksafe (www.smasltd.com): An SMAS Worksafe certificate is one of the most highly sought after accreditations in the industry and shows that we work to the very highest standards when it comes to workplace safety.
- SafeContractor: Acorn Safety Services is one of 33,000 members of SafeContractor which demonstrates our business is safe, stable and ethical.
- The Institute of Fire Safety Managers: A highly respected organisation made up of fire safety professionals across the UK. Acorn Safety Service’s legionella and fire consultant Nathon Freezer is the latest of our professionals to secure accreditation from this important body.
- Constructionline: As gold members, Acorn Safety Services can prove it has been subjected to increased scrutiny around governance and risk management.
- CHAS: Acorn Safety Services Limited is a member of CHAS. CHAS is a founding member of the SSiP (Safety Schemes in Procurement) forum.
- CSCS: The Construction Skills Certification Scheme – all members of staff at Acorn Safety Services hold this important qualification.
Get to know more about the people behind the business
If you looking to work with a health and safety consultancy, it makes sense to learn a little bit more about the business and the people behind it.
Take the time to visit their social media channels, which will often show information about their latest projects and details about the people who work there.
At Acorn Safety Services, we’re constantly updating our platforms with all the latest information about the work we do, as well as helpful advice about how to get on top of health and safety once and for all – follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
And if you want to learn more before signing on the dotted line, why not arrange to have a call?
At Acorn Safety Services we offer FREE 30-minute bitesize sessions which help you to get to know our team better. We’ll listen to any health and safety concerns you may have and provide information about what steps to take next.
Acorn Safety Services – Proudly independent
For three years, Acorn Safety Services has been one of the leading independent health and safety consultancies in the UK.
For our customers, that means we always provide advice which is completely impartial and given with the health and wellbeing of our clients in mind.
As a team, we have decades of experience in health and safety, working with some of the biggest names on the British high street as a trusted partner.
So if you’re looking to work with a health and safety consultancy and you’re not sure where to turn, give us a call today.
Our friendly team of health and safety experts is always here to help.